Summer is on its way and I'm looking forward to naps under trees and afternoons at the beach. This Bandana Blanket is going to come in handy!
To Make your own you will need the following:
- 9 Bandanas - In whatever colours you like (Hello Dollar Store!)
- 3 1/2 yards of fabric for the back
- 3 1/2 yards of quilt batting (45inches wide)
- 13 buttons
2. Stitch he bandanas together to make 3 strips
3. use the iron to press the seams flat.
4. Then stick the seams together to complete the front side.
5. Cut the quilt batting to the same size as the bandana blanket. If you are using a solid fabric for the back cut that to size as well.
6. Place the bandana front face up, then put the batting on top and finally the backing layer.
7. Pin the layers together and sew around the edges. Leave a 20inch or so opening.
8. Turn the quilt right side out by rolling it though the opening.
9. Turn the raw edges if the opening into the quilt and finish sewing shut.
10. Pin the layers together in the centre of each bandana and where their corners meet. Sew a button through all the thicknesses and then remove the pins.